Claims Director (PE - 9347)
In cooperation with the Branch Manager of the company, the Claims Director is responsible to
• Design and create an efficient, sustainable claims process.
• Create documented best practices and process guidelines.
• Review and analyse talent and expertise available and create a plan to close the gaps.
• Review and analyse the current structure and propose structure to support the future operating model of the company.
• Actively assist the Branch Manager in implementation.
• Provide technical support and assist claims adjusters in adjusting complex claims.
• Maintain relationship and operate network of colleagues throughout the company.
• Provide guidance and best practice for training and development of in country claims staff.
• Ensure the effective day to day operation of the unit by coordinating and enhancing workflow and operational procedures.
• Provide effective daily leadership, coaching and motivation of staff.
• Manage customer service standards by communicating effectively with all parties involved.
• Direct the accurate and efficient payment of claims in accordance with legislative requirements.
• Develop relationships with other departments such as underwriting, actuarial, distribution in order to meet business goals and to identify/implement new and better strategies to handle current function and operations.
• Understand and apply best business practices towards compliance, internal control and operational risk controls in accordance to national standards and regulatory standards and policies.
• Work collaboratively with other managers on special projects and assignments requiring advanced technical skills and knowledge when required.
• Coordinate and provide professional leadership.
What you need to have:
• Minimum 7-10 years of experience in the property and casualty industry.
• Proven track record of people management experience.
• Working knowledge of principles and practices related to claims settlement, policy wordings, insurance contracts, fraud investigations, serious losses and coverage questions.
• Comfortable level of knowledge of other functional areas (i.e. Policy administration, Risk Management, Premium accounting, etc.)
• Ability to work within digital environment, including implementing and managing workflow and processes accordingly.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrated ability to have patience, empathy and understanding in dealings with staff and customers.
• Demonstrated ability to provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to all parties involved
• Demonstrated negotiation skills.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, investigative, and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated report-writing skills, including an orientation toward detail and precision.
• Able to plan, organize, and manage multiple demands and changing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work well as a team player or independent contributor; Self-motivated.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and coaching skills.
• Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills to explain processes and terms.
• Fluent written and spoken English.
What we offer:
• Multinational and modern environment
• Competitive salary and benefit package
• Good possibilities to grow within the company
• Inspiring new challenges (various assignments, products and teams)
• Employee and Family Friendly Workplace
• Supportive team culture