WHO - Programme Assistant (Fleet)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Administer the user accounts to the WHO Fleet Management System (Tracpoint).
• Support WHO offices to update information on users, assets and drivers.
• Liaise with the Fleet Management service provider (TerraMar) to resolve basic technical issues related to Vehicle Tracking Systems (VTS).
• Provide helpdesk support to WHO fleet management personnel to enter data into Tracpoint and install / uninstall VTS.
• Administrate the activation and deactivation of devices, and the creation of new vehicles or the decommission of no longer needed vehicles, in Tracpoint.
• Maintain the inventory of VTS up to date and immediately report to WFS and TerraMar any non-functioning or lost trackers.
• Support management to verify and process invoices received from service providers.
• Prepare contracts (POs, Agreements for Performance of Work, Consultants etc.) and follow-up their completion and payment.
• Maintain the filing system for the administrative area of the WFS team.
• Maintain the WFS workspace document libraries up to date.
• Arrange travel for WFS team including preparation of itineraries, visas, and travel authorizations.
• Arrange meetings and workshops. (costing, meeting room, invitation letters, travel authorizations, agenda, background materials)
• Ensure follow-up of action points.
• Monitor financial implementation of awards and provide financial management support to Programme Manager; analyse encumbrances and expenditures: process expenditure batches in GSM as necessary.
• Keep track of all contract extensions and renewals, checking and/or indicating allotment or obligation numbers, verifying that funds are available.
• Perform any other related incident-specific duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
• Essential: Completion of a secondary school education or equivalent, technical or commercial school.
• Desirable: First university degree in information technology, accounting, data management, logistics or supply management from an accredited/recognized institute. Professional certification in areas such as transport and/or logistics operations management. Training or knowledge of information management systems and their application to logistics, transport or supply management and monitoring.
• Essential: At least five years’ experience providing support in the area of administration, accounting or logistics operations in the military, commercial or international organizations/institutions at the national or international levels
• Desirable: Prior working experience in managing fleet logistics operations, part of which in emergency or humanitarian situations with international organizations.
• Excellent organizational and managerial skills with the ability to multitask, identify and solve problems with little supervision.
• Proven experience in use of database.
• Excellent interpersonal and administrative skills.
• Desirable knowledge and skills specific to the position.
• Training in accounting or financial management.
• Knowledge of WHO, the UN System or NGO work in the field of response relief and/or of their practices and procedures as related to the work.
• Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
• Ensuring the effective use of resources
• Moving forward in a changing environment
• Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
• Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of UN language.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at HUF 5,267,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.