Project Manager (EK-11010)
The UNICEF Global Shared Services Centre GSSC currently manages transactions for the organization in four main line of service globally to all staff: HR Administration, Payroll, Finance and Customer Care.
In this context, GSSC often partners with the Division of ICT and other divisions, in joint projects as part of the continuous process improvement to streamline processes and gain efficiency. Most of these projects are either “end-users facing” to gain efficiency for our customers and/or “back-end” solutions to improve internal processes for our processors and business partners.
To ensure successful implementation of identified projects, a Project Manager function is instrumental to the center’s objectives.
The Project Manager will oversee the successful implementation of the major GSSC projects, coordinate with all relevant stakeholders and update the management team of the progress, risks and needed interventions during the whole project lifecycle
Roles and responsibilities
• Oversee the successful implementation of major GSSC projects
• Support coordination with stakeholders (both internals and externals) and update management team of the progress, risks and needed interventions during the whole project lifecycle
• Working collaboratively with both technical and business teams, and end-users to outline the project scope, manage vendor relationships
• Facilitate collaboration between process owners, end-users and stakeholders to convert business requirements to functional requirements
• Ensure that costs, timelines and deliverables are in line with agreements
• Ensure that all project artifacts are created for each project (e.g.: business case, project plan, status and risk reports, standard operating procedures, benefit realization and lessons learnt)
• Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in project management experience in IT project management (medium scale) with a proven track record of interfacing with multiple levels of the organization and successful project completion
• University degree or any formal training in information systems management, information technology, project management, computer science, business administration or related field is an advantage
• Certification and/or proven track record of one of these ICT competencies: ICT project management, business analytics, information security, ICT audit and risk management, telecommunications, networks information security and software engineering and programming
• Excellent understanding of the project lifecycle and fluent project manager methodologies of PMI Agile and PRINCE2
• Significant experience collaborating across multiple functions and working with operational SMEs, technical resources/ infrastructure, and architecture teams
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (written & verbal) targeting multiple audiences with ability to influence others while working in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
• High motivation, enthusiasm, and dedication to deliver results within strict timeframes
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically MS Project, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
• Fluency in English (both written and verbal) is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is considered as an asset
This role will follow standard working hours, Monday to Friday, from 8:30 AM to 17:30 PM with a total of 40 hours per week. Alternate work schedules, premises, and working hours are possible based on supervisory agreement. Working schedules will be confirmed by UNICEF when requesting job assignments.