UNHCR - Senior Visibility Shop Assistant (Temporary Appointment) (PE-11131)
The UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a global United Nations organization which mandate is to protect and assist refugees and other persons of its concern world-wide and to seek durable solutions to their plight; UNHCR is present in 134 countries with offices in 546 locations.
This Job Opening is available to eligible UNHCR staff members and external applicants.
Candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
Temporary Appointment for a period of 364 days with possible extension.
Duties and Qualifications
UNHCR is currently going through a complete business transformation process of the enabling functions to further increase simplification and efficiencies of services. The position is based within UNHCRs Division of Financial and Administrative Management (DFAM). The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Chief of the Global Mobility and Infrastructure Service (GMIS). This Service includes UNHCRs global asset and fleet management, travel as well as facilities and infrastructure management.
The Visibility Shop functions alongside the Public Outreach and Campaigns core work. Its purpose is to procure, dispatch or sell core visibility items to UNHCR staff and operations worldwide. It supports the work of Public Outreach by providing items to support events and helps to ensure brand compliance across the full range of visibility items. The Senior Visibility Shop Assistant manages the Shop, dispatches visibility items, manages the inventory and supports the procurement of visibility items. The overall aim is to mobilise further financial support, increase awareness and empathy for forcibly displaced people.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Senior Visibility Shop Assistant
The Senior Visibility Shop Assistant¿s position is located within the Global Mobility and Infrastructure Service (GMIS), in the Division of Financial and Administrative Management (DFAM). DFAM contributes to safeguarding the financial resources entrusted to UNHCR by maintaining and improving the financial and administrative systems, policies and procedures and promoting cost-effective and transparent use of these resources. GMIS is a new service within DFAM which merges four functions: global fleet management, global travel, global facilities management, and global asset management.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the chief of Infrastructure Section, the Senior Visibility Shop Assistant will assume the following key functions:
1. Manage key visibility items and dispatch them to the Field.
2. Support the roll-out of other key events managed by the Events and Campaigns Section.
3. Maintain excellent working relationships with teams in the Field, at HQ and with external suppliers.
4. Ensure brand coherence in all UNHCR products as well as environmental sustainability.
5. PI Shop related duties:
6. Maintain a presence in the shop to provide sales support and respond to client queries.
7. Work closely with the postal unit to ensure timely dispatch of visibility items to the Field.
8. Prepare /assemble orders as per online requests from Field Offices and HQ units.
9. Respond to requests for printed materials, brochures, posters etc.
10. Help HQ units with dispatch of visibility items (reports/brochures/posters).
11. Track inventory to ensure proactive re-ordering of key items.
12. Help with storage of visibility banners/roll ups used for events.
13. Help maintain website and online sales management.
14. Support the development of creative promotions and increase staff engagement in the shop.
15. Collaborate closely with the Visibility Shop Associate to ensure timely replenishment of stocks.
16. Support the frame agreement process for suppliers and ensure that all admin reporting functions are carried out in a timely and professional manner.
17. Assist with procurement of campaign related visibility items and the dispatch of these items to the Field.
18. Ensure brand coherence in all products as well as environmental sustainability.
19. Research and assist with identifying appropriate products.
20. Support as needed identification and implementation of software which will enhance the shop¿s online work and the work of the POCS teams.
21. Perform other related duties as required.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G5 – 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
NOTE: A completed and relevant minimum first level university degree (equivalent to BA or higher) shall count in full (100%) towards the required years of work experience. Priority will be given to eligible applicants meeting the full requirements.
Salary range: NET 483,583 HUF- NET 566,500 HUF
Field(s) of Education:
High school diploma
Communication and computer skills including Excel, PPT, Microsoft Publisher. Excellent drafting skills. SC-Inventory / Stock management, MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation and T-Computer Literacy.
Experience in retail.
Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Innovation and Creativity
Planning and Organizing
Please also note that English is essential, Hungarian is desirable for this Job Opening.
The closing date is 09/06/2022.
Temporary Appointment for a period of 364 days with possible extension.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted. UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
The successful candidate will be based in Budapest, Hungary.
Application can be submitted here: https://public.msrp.unhcr.org/psp/RAHRPRDX/EMPLOYEE/HR/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=2&JobOpeningId=36765&PostingSeq=1